AJT | Controller Sample Resume
Controller – Financial Services
Your Address, City, St
Your Phone #
Highly experienced, proficient, and dedicated Corporate Finance Executive with 25+ years of progressive and successful experience in the field. Trusted financial advisor and consultant to executive decision makers with proven expertise in Accounting, Finance, Sales, and General Management. Acquired valuable international experience working with management and business cultures in Mexico. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English and Hindi. Expert negotiator with banking institutions and supportive organizations to reduce operational expenses, increase revenues, and affect overall financial improvement. Talent for reorganizing companies, procedures, and staff to achieve a positive business turnaround Exceptional leader, motivator, and team builder who is goal-oriented and excels in a fast-paced, high pressure environment. Computer proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Greatplains Dynamics, DIS, Quipware, and NDS.
- Sales Management and Marketing
- New Business Development
- Prospect Identification
- Account Management and Retention
- Staff Development and Team Building
- Human Resources
- Staff Supervision and Training
- Project Management
- Business Turnaround
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- General Administration
- Program Development
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Process Improvement
- Financial and Statistical Modeling
- Profit and Loss
- Risk Management
- Financial Systems Assessment
- Financial Systems Implementation
- Budget Planning/Administration
COMPANY, INC., City, ST 1986 - Present
- Charged with management of all financial affairs and sales operations for the Southern California and Mexico territory with full P&L responsibility.
- Perform all Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and HR Administration functions.
- Consistently monitor and review operations to foster a collaborative work environment and solid organization through guidance and structure, as well as a proactive hands-on management approach to result in substantial sales, service, and revenue performance.
- Prepare five year financial strategic plans, yearly fiscal budgets, monthly cash flow, and balance sheets.
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements and three month rolling P&L forecasts to ensure alignment with company’s priorities and business strategies designed to meet yearly targets and five year strategic plans.
- Manage and direct multiple sales tax, bank, and IRS audits for full regulatory compliance.
- Create and apply comprehensive employee benefit, compensation, and employee relationship programs, policies, and plans and update as required.
INSTRUMENT CORPORATION, City, ST 1985 - 1986
General Accounting Supervisor
- Prepared and maintained general ledger and monthly consolidation of financial statements for division that included Canadian operations.
- Managed and directed subsidiary Accounting Department Staff and operations that included Accounts Payable/Receivable, and Payroll.
IRVINE INDUSTRIES, INC., City, ST 1980 - 1985
- Prepared monthly financial statements, cash flow forecasts, and yearly budgets for the U.S. operation of this manufacturer of suits with annual revenue of over $25M.
- Managed and directed Accounting Department Staff and operations that included Accounts Payable/Receivable, and Payroll Supervisors.
- Instituted a state-of-the-art computer based accounting system that compiled monthly financial results from the manufacturing floor in 5 days versus prior system of 15 working days.
MASTERS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
MASTERS IN ACCOUNTING
BACHELOR IN ACCOUNTING
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today