AJT | Chief Financial Officer Sample Resume
Chief Financial Officer Sample Resume
Company March 2008 – June 2008
- Focused on strategic planning seeking growth opportunities for expansion into various geographic markets and brand name expansion into international markets.
- Concluded the 2007 annual outside public accounting audit without any audit points.
- Responsible for IT, AP, AR, insurance, banking relationship, HR including payroll, financial statements preparation and review, and inventory control for a 3 store with 1 warehouse $18 million high-end retailer.
- Lead a team of 2 accounting and 2 operations members in a fast paced, high sales growth retailer/importer.
- Converted a DOS based GL system to QuickBooks Pro converting prior year’s data and over 500 accounts.
Company April 2005 – January 2008
- Duties include audit, insurance, banking relationship, financial statements prep and outside audit review, HR, daily operations and inventory control for a 4 store with 4 warehouses $45 million high-end retailer.
- Directly involved in international purchasing and sales/distribution of auction quality hardlines and softlines to include Open To Buy.
- Negotiated leases and developed strategic plans for expansion into new channels of distribution.
- Leading a team of 6 accounting and 4 operations members in a fast paced, high sales growth company.
- Responsible for the implementation of an enterprise wide complete system and IT hardware conversion.
Company April 2003 – April 2005
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, AUDIT AND INVENTORY CONTROL
- Developed and implemented audit programs, standard branch operations and inventory control for a large importer, wholesale distributor and retailer to enable rapid location expansion.
- Established inventory control procedures and valuation for a fast paced, high sales growth company.
- Lead the implementation of Oracle/PeopleSoft Enterprise One.
- Managed a staff of 4 outside auditors and 1 audit staff redefining controls and standards.
- Set Physical Inventory procedures ensuring system accuracy for all branches and two distribution centers.
- Provided critical operational data ensuring accurate financial reporting while saving over $1.5 million in expense and inventory shrink in 2004 verses 2003.
Company January 1996 – April 2003
- Directed the entire financial situation and operations support for 3 separate corporations operating in the retail, manufacturing and service industries with sales over $200 million.
- Responsible for all planning, forecasting, financial statement preparation and management review, external audits, federal and multi-state tax filings, credit operations and inventory control.
- Managed Accounts Receivable to an over 90 day reduction from over 45% to under 10%.
- Improved inventory controls and costing for manufacturing resulting in accurate pricing and higher profitability reducing Work In Process.
- Revised DC procedures resulting in a 45% improvement of location identification.
- Initiated Inventory Shortage Awareness Programs.
- Automated inventory control significantly reducing inventory levels.
- Lead a staff of 20 through the development and implementation of multiple software/hardware conversions.
- Responsible for various IT conversions and upgrades including POS spanning future needs and vastly improving organizational performance.
Company June 1995 – January 1996
DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS EXPENSE AND PLANNING
- Responsible for expense and capital budgeting, forecasting and variance review for an 82 store retailer with $2.1 billion annual sales.
- Developed flexible expense plans reflecting strategic and operational requirements.
- Operational responsibilities included all 82 stores staff planning, Store Central Operations, Store Planning and Construction, Loss Prevention, Facilities Management, three Distribution Centers, Information Services, all Lease/Cost departments and special projects as necessary.
- Initiated and directed a Fall Expense Plan review which achieved an $11.7 million reduction from an original Fall Plan of $210.6 million.
PC/Web Systems: Windows Server 2003, Exchange Server, Citrix, Windows XP, Microsoft Office (Includes Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Remote access - Internet/Intranet, Data Base Systems (Delphi, Paradox, Leaseman, etc.), Peachtree and QuickBooks Pro.
Mainframe Systems: Oracle/PeopleSoft Enterprise One, CICS, Computer Associates GL/AP/Expense, M & D Series M - General Ledger, D & B MSA Series E-Payroll, BPCS Costing/Inventory, EDI, Various POS systems, Extensive knowledge of assorted AS400 software/utility programs.
Bachelor of Science Accounting, January 1987
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today