AJT | Chief Financial Officer Sample Resume
Chief Financial Officer Sample Resume
Food Company Los Angeles, CA 2001-Present
Consultant, Acting CFO for this food company engaged in the manufacturing and distribution of Hoffy and Bill Bailey brand meat products.
- Renewed the company’s lines of credit, resulting in substantially reduced levels of debt service and increased borrowing capacity on the company’s revolving facility.
- Developed and implemented improved financial reporting and analytical processes, resulting in enhanced understanding and control of the company’s manufacturing costs and advertising expenses.
Chief Financial Officer of this sporting goods company engaged in the manufacturing and distribution of protective equipment for inline skating, skateboarding, snowboarding, biking and whitewater rafting.
- Designed and implemented effective cash management and financial controls to accommodate a change in the company's distribution network from 20 distributors to 2,500 direct customer accounts.
- Negotiated credit terms with all major suppliers, resulting in substantially increased vendor financing.
- Improved the area of risk management by securing improved coverage for the company's business insurance and employee health insurance plans at reduced cost.
Chief Financial Officer of this e-commerce start-up company.
- Participated in the development of the company's business plan and completion of the company's first private placement of capital in the amount of $2 million.
- Coordinated the preparation of the initial draft of the company's SEC Registration Statement prior to its initial public offering.
Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer of this publicly traded (AMEX) $40 million company engaged in the manufacturing and distribution of Kodak brand photograph albums.
- Completed a private placement for additional financing in the amount of $5 million.
- Implemented a cash conservation program, resulting in significant reductions in operating expenses, staffing levels and inventory investment.
Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer of this real estate/property management company, operating twenty-five locations and managing 700,000 square feet of executive office space.
- Performed the analysis and negotiations for several new business locations and lease renewals, resulting in increased revenue and profitability.
- Converted the company's telephone systems from a cost center to a profit center, generating $200,000 profit annually.
Vice President, Finance of this document and litigation support services company, a $70 million venture capital financed company operating in twenty states through three subsidiaries.
- Directed company-wide cost reduction program to reduce staff, terminate unprofitable operations, and strengthen credit and collections, thereby improving operating cash flow by over $3 million annually.
- Developed a financial planning and budgeting process for the company.
Senior Vice President, Finance of this $100 million public company operating throughout Canada and New York State. Business lines included cable television operations and diagnostic health laboratories.
- Analyzed and structured four acquisitions totaling $15 million, integrated into ongoing corporate operations with minimum disruption and at minimum cost.
- Coordinated the company's due diligence responsibilities to three prospective purchasers, resulting in the sale of the company for proceeds in excess of $300 million.
Chief Financial Officer for $60 million manufacturer and distributor of specialty tires. Directed financial and administrative activities of this public company comprised of two manufacturing plants and 13 distribution centers throughout Canada and the United States.
- Designed a costing and transfer pricing system for the manufacturing and distribution operations.
- Executed international trade finance through hedging of foreign currency exposures with forward contracts and structured performance and payment guarantees with letters of credit.
Controller, Ingot & Chemicals Division ($150 Million), 1981-1985
Chief Accountant, Trading Division, 1979-1981
Financial Analyst, Corporate Treasury Department, 1978-1979
- Selected and implemented an MRP system for a manufacturing facility, resulting in reduced inventory and significant production cost savings.
Big 4 CPA Firm. Toronto, Canada 1980
Audit Senior at public accounting firm responsible for planning and managing audits of public and private organizations in manufacturing, service, distribution, local government and communications.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
Chartered Accountant (Canadian equivalent of CPA)
Master of Business Administration, York University
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, York University
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today