AJT | AR Manager Sample Resume
AR Manager - Consulting
I have the experience of nine software application implementations and conversions, hands on involvement in the successful transition of corporate acquisitions including change management, and first hand knowledge in the creation of AR departments for shared services or stand-alone operations, including all relevant policies and procedures.
Company. location 1/04 to Open
Contracted with the Controller’s Office to assist the Corp. Controller and Dept. Managers with resolving operational issues and concerns resulting from a departmental restructuring and the nationwide implementation of Siebel software
Company location 4/02 to 12/03
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the creation of shared receivable services for the Video, Theatrical, International, Domestic and Television lines of business, plus Corp. receivables.
- Create and implement comprehensive billing, credit and collection policies and related procedures for departmental, interdepartmental and inter-company use.
- Assist in the design of and instituting all aspects of he department’s Lawson and Jaguar software conversions, which included contracts, participations, and AR roll forward.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting which includes multiple borrowing base reports, corporate AR board schedule preparation, revenue recognition schedules, prepare international forecast reports, bad debt analysis and aging reports.
- Liaise with contract administration, sales, legal, participations, and operations departments. Liaise with IS dept regarding system and hardware upgrades for staff.
- Oversee a permanent staff of 10 and any additional temporary staffing, max 27 total.
- Point person for quarterly and annual audits as regards billing, cash, revenue, and collections.
Company location 2/00 to 1/02
BILLING AND COLLECTION MANAGER
- Responsibilities included but were not limited to:
- Created an efficient AR team overseeing all activity through month end close and reporting.
- Created and implemented a comprehensive billing, credit and collection policy and related procedures, both departmental and interdepartmental.
- Instituted all aspects of he department’s conversion from Quick Books to AccPac.
- Integrated all aspects of the acquisition of Interpacket Networks by Verestar / American Tower.
- Oversaw and trained all aspects of the department’s conversion from AccPac to Oracle 11i.
- Selected and trained as one of 5 Oracle AR Super Users by American Tower.
Company location 7/98 to 2/00
MANAGER CREDIT / COLLECTIONS
- All Credit and Collection functions for Cable Channel’s ad sales and affiliate license fee billings.
- All Credit and Collection functions and all Accounts Receivable functions for TV Network.
- Secondary Manager for all Accounts Receivable functions for Cable Channel.
- The preparation of Managerial and Executive Reporting and analysis. The analysis, preparation and journalizing of bad debt allowances for Fox Family Worldwide, Inc.
Company location 9/97 to 2/98
- Supervised the of daily accounting operations, cash flow reporting (US & UK), bank factoring, and created departmental policies.
- Created accounting procedures for operations and the maintenance of the Macola 7 software & EDI invoicing, On-line banking via Advantis & Passport.
- Managed the End of Month, End of Quarter, and End of Year closings, financial and league audits, and assisted in the preparation of financial reports.
Company location 12/96 to 7/97
CORPORATE MANAGER, CREDIT/RECEIVABLES
- Created, implemented, and managed the accounting operations, policies, and procedures for the Credit, A/R, and Billing departments through month end close.
- Developed the procedures for operations and the maintenance of the Macola 6 software.
Company location 6/86 to 11/96
- Developed and implemented an effective credit/collection system, an on-line accounts receivable and management reporting system.
- Reviewed and implemented domestic and international contracts.
- Supervised all billing, data input and cash application through End of Month, End of Quarter and End of Year General Ledger closes, with related reporting and analysis.
- Maintained effective communications with all departments nationwide, outside collection services, and national credit organizations.
- Processed and reviewed all data entry for the affiliate and accounts receivable reporting systems.
- Maintained an effective collection system for six markets and the related inter-departmental reports.
- Assisted, documented and tested all the conversion from the mainframe computer environment to an AS/400 network.
School (location), BA in Political Science / Intl. Relations, Gaduate Courses in Accounting
Proficient user of accounting software applications which includes: AS400, JD Edwards, Lawson, Jaguar, Oracle 11i, AccPac, Quick Books Pro, Excel, Word, Platinum, JDS, People Soft, Macola, and Software 2000. I am a certified Oracle AR Super User. I use both Windows and Apple operating systems daily. I can also install, instruct, upgrade, troubleshoot, and maintain end user computer software, computer hardware, and peripheral office equipment.
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today