AJT | Accounting Manager Sample Resume
Accounting Manager - Media
ADDRESS & TEL.
Accounting Supervisor with expertise in developing individuals and teams. Worked in many areas of accounting. Strengths include attention to detail and accuracy. Stable, reliable, hard worker with experience in small and large companies in a distribution and manufacturing environment. Computer skills in MS Office, Word and Excel.
GRAPHICS/DESIGN COMPANY, LLC 2003
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Matched A/P invoices with P.O. Vouched for payment and generated checks.
- Audited Travel & Expense reports and processed for payment.
- Processed checks for fundraising program.
- Brought accounts that were behind to current status.
- Revised filing system for better efficiency.
MANUFACTURING COMPANY, INC. 1995-2001
Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Supervised A/P staff of five. Responsible for hiring and disciplining.
- Oversaw all vendor accounts.
- Wrote and maintained A/P policies.
- Interacted with all departments in company.
- Internal and external customer service.
- Responsible for check runs of $125 million annually.
- Strengthened A/P Department from individuals not working together to a team environment, resulting in no downtime and better customer service.
- Helped to implement and administrate purchasing card program to centralize purchasing and reduce paperwork on small dollar purchases.
- Restructured A/P Department by redistributing workload and changing responsibilities and filing system, resulting in increased productivity and organization.
- Developed various accounting spreadsheets for better tracking of accounts.
- Simplified the filing procedure on Travel and Expense reports resulting in better tracking of accounts.
- Trained other departments in areas related to A/P.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY, INC. 1989-1994
- Entered daily A/R deposit in computer.
- Generated daily collection letters and monthly statements.
- Matched invoices with P.O. for A/P.
- Vouched for payment and generated checks.
- Calculated timecards for payroll, entered in computer and generated checks.
- Assisted Controller with GL and many other duties.
- Purchased office supplies including maintaining budget.
- Trained new accounting employees when company doubled in size.
- Organized Accounting Department including filing system, data reporting and spreadsheets.
- Successfully assisted Controller to help reduce workload.
ELECTRONICS COMPANY, INC. 1986-1988
- Controlled A/R invoicing from entering order in computer, printing pick list and posting to account.
- Entered daily A/R deposit in computer and collected past due accounts.
- Manual A/P.
- Brought A/R accounts from six months behind to current.
- Created and maintained manual spreadsheets for A/R and A/P.
- Initiated filing system by vendor and customer to better track accounts.
- A/P Seminar
- Bookkeeping course
- Sales and Use Tax Seminar
- Time Management Seminar
MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, MFG-PRO, MAS 200, Ten-Key
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today