AJT | Accounting Manager Sample Resume
Accounting Manager – Manufacturing
To actively participate as a team player for improvement in the profitability and growth of an organization.
April 2001 – Current Manufacturing Inc. City, ST
- Prepares monthly financial statements and consolidations
- Bank Account Reconciliation
- General Ledger Account Analysis and subsidiary ledger reconciliation (A/P and A/R)
- Prepares and approves Journal Entries and Inter-company transactions
- Monthly Accruals and deferrals
- Manages Cash balances and Investments
- Responsible for filing Excise taxes, property tax statements, etc.
- Maintains Fixed Assets and Peachtree accounting systems
- Reviews Customer invoicing based on individual contract rates and requirements
- Prepares annual government required contract reporting (Annual Incurred Cost Proposal)
- Monitors government contract funding and invoicing
- Responsible for any required reports from auditors and other government agencies (DCAA)
- Budget forecasting and monitors cost control and efficiency
- Designs spreadsheet models as needed
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Special projects assigned by President
July 5, 2000 – March 2001 Finance, Inc. City, ST
- Assist in Financial Statements preparation
- Bank Reconciliation (Monthly)
- Account Analysis (Monthly)
- Monthly Accruals
- Credit Memo Analysis
- Standard cost maintenance on JD Edwards
- Maintenance of various Schedules, ie., Mold and Tooling, Material Exposure
- Prepares monthly Audit Schedules
- Assist in the monthly and year end close
- Special projects assigned by Director of Accounting
June 1999 – June 2000 Medical Manufacturer City, ST
Senior Financial Analyst
- Preparation of Annual Departmental Budget, and Quarterly Departmental Outlook
- Financial planning support to upper management and is the key interface with department management
- Assists upper management with various financial analyses reports
- Review and analyses expense accounts, as well as JE preparation before month end close.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet and P & L and other schedules.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Expense Accruals
- Other special projects assigned by the controller
June 1990-February 1999 Technologies, Inc City, ST
- Managed and supervised a professional accounting staff.
- Responsible for preparing a GAAP Financial Statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Responsible for Year-end closing of Financial Statements.
- Responsible for preparing bi-weekly payroll and payroll taxes
- Prepared workers compensation reports
- Prepared quarterly and annual 940, 941, W2, 1099, 1098
- Responsible for Bank and Account Reconciliation
- Coordinated with other departments during system conversion
- Monitored and supervised implementation of the new system.
- Responsible for providing necessary financial reports to management
- Responsible for Cash Flow and Budget Projections.
- Review of Journal Entries, A/P Vouchers, Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for International trade transactions, i.e., Letter of Credit and supporting documentation.
- Coordinated yearly physical inventory count.
- Responsible in dealing with auditors (government and external), professional consultants, CPAs
- Other responsibilities assigned by management
1984-1989 Dev. Corp City, ST
- Managed and supervised the accounting department consisting of two staff
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Statements, and other financial reports to the Head Office
- Performed monthly bank reconciliation
- Full charged bookkeeping responsibilities
- Designed and implemented manual accounting systems and procedures
- Prepared quarterly budget projections
- Coordinated with overall project funding
- Dealt with corporate auditors, external auditors and government auditors
- Other duties assigned by management.
Proficiency in ACCPAC Plus, Peachtree Accounting Systems, ADP Payroll System, BaaN Accounting Systems, Fourth Shift Accounting Systems, MAS90, Hyperion Pillar, Hyperion Enterprise, Oracle Discoverer, Windows, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Personal Income Tax Preparer (H&R Block Certified), 10 Key
Memberships & Affiliations
Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
• American Chamber of Commerce – Chapter Title
• Institute of Professional Bookkeepers – Member
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today