AJT | Treasury Analyst Job Description
Responsible for performing various cash, disbursement, and cash accounting activities within the Corporate Treasury function. The role is primarily focused on the General Ledger duties of a treasury department and includes, but is not limited to, the journals for Ingersoll-Rand and affiliate bank accounts; perform accounting functions within the various financial systems, bank reconciliations, audit inquiries, and backup of other core treasury functions, e.g. cash position and electronic payments, as assigned. This individual may be required to provide input to or participate in various projects and will perform other duties as requested.
- Journal creation for bank account transactions
- Administration of the disbursement files from various business units and corporate departments
- Assign GL codes, prepare for review by management, and ensure journals are uploaded into appropriate financial systems
- Ensure activities posted to both cash and clearing GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner
- Perform bank reconciliations - reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts
- Respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain date
- Uses various cash management program(FIRST/FXAll/Insight/CitiDirect)
- Serve as System Administrator for Treasury related systems
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, accounting, business or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an accounting, treasury or finance environment
- GL accounting background
- Good spreadsheet and database skills.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Oracle knowledge desirable.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting