AJT |Tax Specialist Job Description
Senior Tax Specialist
- Review and/or prepare work papers and tax returns supporting US and non-US investments.
- Responsible for preparing calculations of tax attributes related to distributions to mutual fund shareholders; researching tax issues using online tax research services and other resources; and analyzing portfolio holdings and applying tax rules to these holdings.
- Analyze the tax impact of non-US investments, including withholding, reclaims, capital gains, and transactions taxes.
- Communicating with federal, state, and local tax authorities to resolve issues as well as assisting in the development of tax training materials and guiding departmental training
- 3 to 4 years tax experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated analytical, technical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Strong computer skills (including Excel)
- Demonstrated initiative in mastering new technical areas quickly
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed
- Exposure to general ledger accounting and financial statement reporting
- Experience with online accounting systems
- Securities transactions tax experience
- General knowledge of mutual fund industry and/or mutual fund tax experience
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting