Tax Manager | Sample Job Description
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Tax Manager position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Tax Manager position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
This individual leads and manages multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
- Preparation and review of federal and state income taxes for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
- Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
- Prepares internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, private letter rulings and other documents for submission to the IRS or Treasury Department.
- Trains staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
- Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA Certification.
- 6+ years prior experience in public accounting tax experience.
- Significant supervisory experience (2 years plus).
- Experience preparing individual, business, benefit fund, real estate and exempt organization tax returns.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel, Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting