AJT | Tax Director Job Description
The Director will be responsible for tax matters, such as planning, corporate restructuring projects, mergers and acquisitions related to transaction analysis, due diligence and post merger integration.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain and manage SOX policies and procedures, structuring transactions, divestitures and other special projects
- Manage implementations of tax planning projects and the integration of target companies into company's tax operations process
- Perform purchase accounting analysis under U.S. GAAP with respect to completed acquisitions
- Monitor company's transfer pricing policies and related documentation
- Liaise with company's foreign operations on tax matters related to their operations (income tax, VAT, withholding tax, etc.)
- Conduct extensive communication with company leadership across business functions (Accounting, Legal, Treasury, Financial Planning, Operations)
- Monitor legislative changes in foreign tax laws that may impact company's tax positions, including tax accounting implications
- Oversee special projects as required (E&P studies, 382 studies, deferred tax analysis, etc.)
- Manage outside tax consultants and advisors
- Position requires an individual with a minimum of 7 to 10 years of corporate tax experience with multi-national corporations.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience.
- Proficiency with income tax accounting (FAS 109, FIN 48).
- A solid understanding of corporate tax concepts applicable to domestic and foreign operations are required.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting