AJT | Tax Director Job Description
This position is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Oversight of the tax returns for the Company’s international subsidiaries.
Responsible for use and property tax functions.
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (SFAS No. 109) in the US and International subsidiaries.
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
- Supervise professional and paraprofessional staff of six.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Assisting the VP Treasurer with tax planning issues as required.
- Assist the VP and Treasurer in estimating and monitoring annual cash taxes.
International tax experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- JD and/or CPA preferred.
- Ten years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting