AJT | Payroll Tax Administrator Job Description
Payroll Tax Administrator
Monitor, manage and reconcile payroll taxes at the employer and employee level. Includes reconciliation to the general ledger as well as to ADP Tax Service reports, preparation, and ensuring compliance.
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider.
- Manage filing of tax updates weekly.
- Monitor quarterly tax filings.
- Prepare headcount tax forms.
- Reconcile payroll taxes to the general ledger and book journal entries.
- Reconcile cash activity to Payroll and ADP Tax Services reports.
- Reconcile Payroll reports to 941s and W-2s.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Special projects and research.
- Payroll reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Research and reconciliation of payroll taxes from prior periods.
- Gather and report requested date to internal and external recipients.
- 2-4 years experience with payroll tax filings and compliance issues.
- Strong accounting skills, detail oriented, proficient in excel
- People Soft experience a plus, but not a must.
- Must be able to create reconciliations that clearly communicate.
- Experience reconciling and preparing W-2 forms.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting