Medical Biller | Sample Job Description
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Medical Biller position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Medical Biller position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Generates revenue by making payment arrangements; collecting accounts; monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts.
- Collect delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients, monitor payments and also follow-up with patients when/if payment lapses occur.
- If necessary, work with collection agencies and small claims court to collect on delinquent accounts.
- Maintains Medicare bad-debt cost report by tracking billings; monitoring collections; compiling information.
- Initiates claims against estates by monitoring deaths and unpaid accounts; informing legal department to act on probate and estate issues; following-up with clerk of court.
- Secures outstanding balance payments for care of hospital employees by establishing payroll deductions; obtaining signatures for automatic transfers,
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Protects hospitals value by keeping collection information confidential.
- Adhere to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and JCAHO standards.
- Medical Billing AND Medical Reception experience
- Medical Billing certification preferred
- Previous medical billing experience along with knowledge of billing related reporting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of medical billing systems like Medicare, Medicaid, Medisoft, Meditech, etc…
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office products
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting