Financial Planner & Analyst | Sample Job Description 3
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Financial Planning & Analysis position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Director - Financial Planning and Analysis Job Description
This is an extremely high profile position. Within the field of consumer products, you will be leading a team of analysts that comprise the nerve center of corporate decision-making. Marketing decisions, potential mergers, spending, and hedging all take their cues from the analysis performed by this exceptional team of analysts. Due to corporate expansion and internal growth, our client is in need of additional leadership.
Areas of particular impact are as follows:
- New Product Development
- Marketing Strategies
- Sales Initiatives
- New Corporate Acquisitions
- Lead, manage, compile and provide analysis toward all company planning, forecasting and strategic planning activities.
- Work closely with management team and strategic planning committee.
- Provides analysis of monthly financial results including the interpretation of current month performance information as a predictive tool for attainment of full year performance expectations.
- Creates and manages effective financial and operational metric system to provide management with concise information regarding at the moment company performance.
- Assists CFO in preparation of periodic management and board review materials.
- Performs necessary financial analysis and valuation models in support of company acquisition activities including scenario modeling, dilution analysis, portfolio analysis, and other financial due diligence analysis as may be required.
- Manages forecast and budget information in ERP including report writing activities to assist senior management in effective utilization and navigation of the system.
- Assists CFO in planning and execution of operational cost analysis to enhance profitability and improve process efficiency.
- Works closely with sales, marketing and operations management in assisting efficient execution of budget and forecast commitments, including communication to management of both progress toward attainment and plans to effect course corrections as necessary.
- Prepares all sensitive and confidential analysis as directed by the CEO or CFO as required.
Requirements Director of Planning and Analysis Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.
- Seven to ten years corporate financial analysis experience including M&A, divestiture, corporate due diligence and valuation analysis.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting