Senior Financial Analyst | Sample Job Description 4
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Senior Financial Aanalyst position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Senior Financial Aanalyst position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
- Responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Routine communication with Supervisors relating to financial close, issues and deliverables.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas:
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Complete and submit DCP Consolidation & Reporting Deliverables.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas:
- Submission of financial results to DCP Consolidation & Reporting Deliverables.
- Prepare all Financial Reporting requirements package.
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
- Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
- Prepare reporting packages: DCP; Corporate; Tax; GST/Canadian filings/audits, where applicable; Audit Engagement Schedules.
- Calculate withholding tax receipts for Corporate Tax.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Cross train as back-ups for other staff in the case of emergencies.
- Review and research accounting transactions for functional.
- 5-6 years related experience.
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal).
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting