AJT | Director of Treasury Job Description
Director of Treasury
This position reports to the VP and Assistant Treasurer and interacts with other functional areas of Treasury, Corporate Accounting, Tax, Payables and Receivables, Audit. The candidate must have strong communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to lead a team of Treasury professionals and cross-functional teams. Candidate must be analytical and possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills. The candidate must also have experience operating in a Sarbanes-Oxley environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all cash management functions including cash concentration, wires, account funding. Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and invest short term excess cash. Manage inter-company cash, including inter-company lending, dividends, and capital injections.
- Forecast worldwide interest expense and income.
- Oversee cash management banking and financial institution relationships. Negotiate bank and service fees. Implement new bank technologies, products and services to improve cash cycle and simplify company operations.
- Supervise daily borrowing in US and Euro commercial paper markets and investment activity.
- Support long term capital markets activities, including public debt financings. Prior experience with bank and debt capital markets and documentation a plus, but opportunity to learn for right candidate.
- Support share repurchase program.
- Oversee the management of the Company’s US defined benefit and defined contribution plan investments ($4.5 billion). Coordinate and oversee activities of the plans’ actuaries, investment managers, investment advisors, custodians to ensure optimal management of plan assets. Participate in matters relating to pension plan accounting, funding, actuarial valuations, governance, and other corporate issues related to investments of US plans.
- Support leasing analysis and pricing.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures. Develop and monitor treasury operational policies. Manage Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for Treasury operations.
- Must possess an MBA with 10+ years of overall experience in cash management, pension management, capital markets, and/ or corporate finance in a corporate or a banking environment.
- Strong analytical, financial and systems skills are required.
- Experience working in global business environment a plus.
- Certified Treasury Professional designation is a plus
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting