Director of Purchasing & Materials | Sample Job Description 3
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Director of Purchasing & Materials position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Director of Purchasing & Materials position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Director of Purchasing
Scope of Position:
We are currently seeking a DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT to provide leadership, and oversee the Purchasing Department, while maintaining an effective and efficient supply chain, utilizing LEAN/SIX SIGMA quality improvement techniques.
- This position is responsible for the overall supply chain, procurement, acquisition and distribution of materials, equipment and services, by maintaining the supply inventory in a cost saving and timely manner for the hospital’s central supply area, as well as the operating room services.
- The Director of Materials Management will also serve as a resource to senior management and physicians in matters related to purchasing procedures, expense reduction initiatives, value analysis and contract negotiations.
- Materials management/purchasing experience within a hospital is required
- Knowledge and experience with LEAN/Six Sigma quality improvement techniques
- 7-10 years of leadership experience in business management, supply chain and/or healthcare
BA/BS in Business, Health Administration or related degree required
- 7-10 years progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size organization.
- 2 -4 years most recent experience related to Health & Beauty or Cosmetic industry.
- Good understanding of packaging components and associated commodities.
Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent business experience.
- NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM) certification preferred
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs.
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting