AJT | Inventory Cost Accountant Job Description
Under the management of the Controller this newly created position will be responsible for all inventory accounting functions.
- Developing inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Verifying accurate standard costs
- Monitoring inventory transactions
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Preparing monthly journal entries as needed
- Special projects as required
The successful candidate possesses:
- A minimum of four years experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Oracle experience.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting