AJT | Controller Job Description
MAJOR DUTIES AND
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Hire, train and develop staff based on needs of the department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the staff.
- Planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, staff development, rewarding and disciplining employees and problem resolution.
- Supervises and participates in preparation of various financial statements and reports. Reviews financial statements with partners.
- Reviews and directs the processing of all accounting functions.
- Reviews and reconciles all general ledger entries.
- Directs and participates in cost analyses & rate studies. Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenue. Explores opportunities to reduce net operating expenses.
- Prepares cash balances report for partners and explores cash management opportunities.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls. Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems. Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Interacts with third parties in matters pertaining to accounting issues.
- Assist the consulting CPA firm in the preparation of all year end data and journal entries required for tax purposes.
- Involvement in various accounting projects as directed by management.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Creates a sense of team spirit and helps to create a positive work environment.
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically. Upholds organizational values. Follows through on commitments.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to help achieve departmental and company goals.
- Organizational Support: Follows and supports policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports Venbrook’s goals and values. Responds to management direction and follows instruction.
- Oral/Written Communication Skills: Speaks/writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Actively participates in meetings. Presents himself/herself in a well groomed professional manner
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget. Conserves organizational resources. Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
Demonstrates proficiency in all MS Office applications including Word, Excel, & Power Point and in Internet software.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting