AJT | Certified Cash Manager Job Description
As our Cash Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the cash management function, including the development and management of systems for the effective collection of revenues and payment of obligations. Responsible for providing leadership and direction to ensure designated cash processing, reconciliation and reporting functions are completed in a timely manner while in compliance with policy and regulations.
Specific tasks for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Directs cash management operations to include daily cash administration, management of current accounts and bank relations.
- Reviews and drives improvements in cash management, ensuring financial obligations are met in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Completes all cash management set-up documentation for new and existing department processes; prepares correspondence and proposals directed to and for cash management.
- Timely reconciles cash application and disbursements.
- Monitors cash transactions to ensure that bank account balances to the report and any unusual items are investigated.
- Forecasts, monitors and tracks cash flow (weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.).
- Prepares cash flow reports, and identifies and evaluates variances.
- Works with Project Managers, Project Controllers and Sales Department to accurately forecast timing and amount of future cash flows over the next two years.
- Receives incoming wire transfers and processes outgoing wire transfers. Posts wires.
- Assists with project assignments and financial reporting.
- Supervises one Treasury Analyst
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- Requires 5-8 years experience in Finance or Accounting, with a strong background in Treasury.
- Designation as a certified Cash Manager or Certified Treasury Professional would be a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis, including an ability to analyze cash flow and the impact on the financial statements.
- Familiarity with bank cash management systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting