AJT | Bookkeeper Job Description
Bookkeeper Essential Functions:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent, associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Four year’s bookkeeping experience.
- Ability to maintain computerized bookkeeping records; MAS90 experience preferred.
- Knowledge and practical experience regarding basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well with others, team player.
Reports To: CEO
Job Goals: To ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting data and provide senior management with the financial information required to make informed decisions.
- Record vendor invoices into the accounting system
- Process disbursements
- Resolve vendor discrepancies
- Process customer returns
- Issue customer credits
- Prepare bank reconciliation
- Assist in cash flow management including cash requirements
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a weekly basis – including but not limited to cash, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable and purchases clearing; research and resolve discrepancies
- Review postings to the GL for accuracy and timeliness
- Prepare monthly and on-demand financial statements for senior management
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting