AJT | Audit Supervisor
The Audit Supervisor will work with limited supervision primarily as leader of a team (normally 1 - 3 analysts) responsible for accomplishing all aspects of assigned reviews.
Assignments may include review of major process elements at large businesses or comprehensive reviews of all processes at smaller businesses. Team leader responsibilities include allocation of resources, on-going guidance and mentoring, and preparation of performance reviews. Documents and reports on the team’s findings, recommendations and agreed-upon corrective actions.
- Allocate assigned resources to conduct reviews.
- Coordinate team activities to assure that review objectives are achieved and review is conducted in accordance with company standards.
- Adept at assessing complex financial/operational/compliance processes and assessing risks.
- Apply key control concepts in a wide variety of business settings.
- Establish or tailor review programs and testing procedures to ensure they are appropriate for the processes being reviewed.
- Develop appropriate solutions to enhance and integrate with other Financial, Operational, and Information Technology audits.
- Train/mentor staff assigned to the team. Prepare performance reviews at completion of reviews.
- Ensure that all work papers supporting the review are clear and concise.
- Present findings and recommendations to all levels of management.
- Prepare the report on the review.
- Assists in managing budgeted hours.
- 3 - 5 years of prior business experience in financial, operational, or compliance auditing (within a manufacturing or aerospace & defense environment preferred), or supervisor level accounting position within a manufacturing company, or 12 - 24 months successful performance as an Audit Services Senior Analyst.
- Knowledge of applicable GAAPs, and business laws and regulations required (e.g., FAR, DFAR’s, CAS).
- Ability to present concisely and descriptively in both oral and written format to all levels of management.
- Ability to analyze complex processes and to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the process and related controls.
- Excel/Word capability required; flowcharting capability desired, audit Command Language (ACL) preferred
BS/BA (accounting preferred), MBA or other advanced degree desired.
License & Certification
Professional certification preferred (e.g. CPA, CIA)
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting