Audit Manager | Sample Job Description 3
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for yourAudit Manager position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Audit Manager position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Responsible for the overall internal audit program for the bank, and operating independently of other departments. This position reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, administers the Audit Policy, and coordinates the activities of the bank’s external auditors. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing needs of the bank.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Accountable for the development and coordination of the bank’s internal auditing activities.
• Develop and implement internal auditing policies, procedures, and program.
• Review of accounting procedures.
• Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
• Supervise or conduct independent audits of bank records and activities, and prepare varied analyses of the departments, and branches for management.
• Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the bank’s internal controls over financial reporting.
• Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors.
• Recommend corrective action and suggest improvement.
• Advise top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit, and internal control matters.
Manage subordinate employees in the auditing department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performances; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the bank’s policies, and applicable laws.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in accounting from four-year college or university; or two to four years auditing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA desired, but not required.
• 4+ years of financial statement audit experience at a public accounting firm, preferably a CPA firm in the Top 25 (see Crain's Top 25 list) -- public accounting experience must be recent; at most 3 years removed.
• CPA is strongly desired.
• Experience working with privately-held clients is a plus.
• Industry experience in manufacturing, real estate, construction, not-for-profit, and government is strongly desired.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in accounting from four-year college or university; or two to four years auditing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA desired, but not required.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting