Accounts Receivable Specialist | Sample Job Description 3
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Accounts Receivable Specialist position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
The position reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
Responsible for the accounts receivable portion of the balance sheet. This includes:
- Posting all cash receipts, discounts, allowances, price difference, returns and other charge backs to customer accounts timely and accurately. The expectation is that postings occur the same day or next day.
- Maintaining thorough, well organized accounts receivable customer files by scanning documents into DocSTAR and sorting and filing by customer.
- Research and negotiate chargeback claims (an aggressive approach is needed to obtain chargeback recoveries).
- Track and investigate deductions (charge backs) from customer payments. Must verify with department managers to make sure we are being charged correctly for the chargeback. Need to dispute and negotiate if there is any discrepancy with chargeback.
- Process, transmit and run credit card transactions for SBC/DJF customer sales and refunds.
- Investigate and respond back on a timely basis to merchant services disputes regarding chargebacks for web sales with supporting documents such as proof of delivery and copies of invoices to ensure there are no inaccurate deductions taken out from merchants.
- Process Credit Memos for any adjustment such as shortage, price discrepancy, POP discount, currency adjustment, tester allowances, freight waiver, uncollectible write-off, merchandise exchange transactions, returns, DIF, damage items credit, duplicate invoices, missing shipment, and sanitary registration. Ensure we don’t over credit the customer by checking the supporting documents and back-up.
- Process Debit Memos to invoice or re-invoice for any adjustment on restocking fees, currency issues, transferring commissions/fees and co-op salary to our agent, correction to original invoice, and transferring goods between customers.
- Ensure and maintain returns (RA) being processed in warehouse and make sure the chargeback amount does not exceed the total authorized amount. Confirm, verify and notify sales manager and customer if there is any discrepancy with RA so that RA equals the chargeback amount. Collect third party proof of destruction for returns being Destroyed in Field to make sure the goods have been destroyed.
- After warehouse generates the receiving reports on RMA, run the credit memos in the sales order module and make sure the credit amount is reflected on customer’s account. Track credit memos tying them together with the chargeback deductions that are taken from customer payments.
- Perform other accounting duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; accounting, business or economics focus required.
- 3 years of accounts receivable and general accounting experience required.
- Proficient with Excel, attentive to detail, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be motivated self starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
Competitive benefits and compensation package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K matching, paid vacation and holidays.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting