AJT | Accounts Receivable Manager Job Description
Accounts Receivable Manager
The A/R Manager will manage the daily operations and strategic objectives of the Company’s accounts receivable cycle through design, implementation, maintenance and management of all accounts receivable business functions and procedures for the Accounts Receivable collection process. The incumbent will report directly to the Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing customer billing and cash receipts processing.
- Proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Support Management by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information.
- Minimum 7 years work experience in credit/collections with responsibility for direct customer contact. Three (3) years supervisory experience in a service company preferred
- BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or a commensurate level of directly related experience
- Well-developed analytic and problem solving skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at all levels
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situations
- Personally exhibits a strong commitment to dependability and reliability with the ability to gain the confidence and respect of the customer base
- Hands on, self starting, disciplined, and detail oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high volume environment that requires a work product that is highly accurate and timely
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment for accounts receivable transactions and activities
- Must be experienced in and able to demonstrate proficiency with computerized accounts receivable software applications
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word)
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting