AJT | Accounts Receivable Manager Job Description
Accounts Receivable Manager
The AR Manager is charged with the proper invoicing within standard polices reflective of the customers requirements. He or she shall work with any and all personnel to assure timely and accurate invoicing and rating occurs. The AR Manager will at times be required to interface with operational managers and occasionally with the Executive Board.
- Assure timely collection of monies due to corporation.
- Monitor and report on deviations from credit standards.
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Manage cash application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Assure that the companies standard template regarding invoice sample is in place for every customer
- Conduct credit checks on all customer, establish and manage limits
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments
- AR Manager will be required to manage a staff of 4 or 5.
- Five years experience in credit and collections.
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting or similar software is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Knowledge and understanding of D&B reporting is required.
- Managerial skills and experience are a must.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting