AJT | Accounts Payable Manager Job Description
Accounts Payable Manager
Major stock brokerage firm seeks a senior level manager to supervise and direct its Account payable area.
Candidate will oversee day to day operation on a high volume Accounts Payable operation.
Will process roughly 1,000 checks and 2,000 invoices per week.
- Experience with (or ability to quickly learn) Lawson accounts payable system, electronic funds transmissions (ACH), Positive pay transmissions, Laser jet printing operation, year end 1099 processing, etc.
- Verify the accuracy of A/P batch output to insure correct coding of vendor, cost center, general ledger account, invoice amount, and matching these to check or ACH output.
- Ability to perform vendor analysis, expense review and analysis, and support of corporate procurement functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to become a resource to vendors and employees. This includes problem resolution and training of in-house processors.
- Ability to assist in the implementation of new systems including Travel and Entertainment software, graphic scanning, vendor download review and improvement, etc. Ability to quickly grasp T&E policies and procedures is essential.
- Ability to research and answer questions posed by senior management. This would include ability to use (or quickly learn) analytical tools such as Access, Excel, OLAP, etc. Candidate must have recent verifiable technical skills that will enable him/her to be an “active upgrader” to our current system, using systems and people.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
3-5 years working in a high volume, computerized environment (Dept processes 2,000+ invoices, 1,000+ checks per week).
BS or BA degree in business preferred.
Ability to take initiative and problem solve with minimal direction
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting