AJT | Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description
Accounts Payable Clerk
Secures revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving discrepancies. Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Job Duties May Include:
- Posting customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posting revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and local deposits.
- Updating receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintaining record history.
- Verifying validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and customers.
- Resolving valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolving invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolving collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
3+ years recent accounts payable and accounts receivable experience.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting