AJT | Accounting Specialist Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as: invoices, work orders, checks, vouchers, and substantiates business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as: funds received and disbursed; totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Tracks company credit card charges and reconciles statements.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, general ledger accounts with various registers; extracts general ledger information; compiles cost revenue reports, and balance sheets; reconciles bank statements.
- Monitors loans, accounts payable, and receivables to ensure that payments are up to date. Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to University accounting procedures.
- Monitors and updates long distance calls list.
- Assists in the training and supervision of clerical personnel.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries and compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
- Performs periodic and as needed inventory of office equipment and supplies; generates purchase orders for new equipment or arranges for surplus equipment to be removed from premises.
- Complies with all State and University policies. Arranges complex and detailed billing documents.
- Maintains & updates attendance employee records.
- Associate's degree.
- Three to five years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer knowledge within area of assigned responsibility preferred.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting