AJT | Accounting Specialist Job Description
The Accounting Specialist will provide accounting support to major financial accounting areas, including the accounts payable desk, general ledger accounting, and account reconciliation.
- Provide timely and accurate payment processing by processing accounts payable checks semi-weekly.
- Input credit and debits to the accounting system in support of the payables work.
- Develop and maintain reports and files on the Accounts Payable processing.
- Input general ledger entries for account changes.
- Develop and maintain reports and files on asset and liability account balances.
- Ensure accurate balancing from a corporate perspective of teller input from our ten financial centers.
- Develop and maintain regular reports via the company’s accounting system.
- B.S. Accounting/Finance
- 2-3 years experience in accounting or accounts payable desk.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial services industry.
- Proven, solid Excel skills and exposure to automated accounting systems
- Salary Range:
$38,000-$43,500 annual base range
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting