AJT | Chief Financial Officer Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act a business partner to the CEO to guide and build value in the company.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors and shareholders as needed.
- Oversee financial elements of strategic partnership and/or M&A efforts
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements directs and evaluates the Company’s fiscal functions from every relevant perspective.
- Manage treasury, finance, accounting and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard the corporate assets.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Manages and supervises financial accounting, tax and compliance departments located in multiple geographies with overall responsibility for hiring, promoting, disciplining, or terminating employees.
- Provides timely, accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports to assist the CEO and other executives with their responsibilities. Oversee completion of timely annual audited financial statements.
- Manages budgeting and long term financial planning process.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the Company (i.e., growth, new markets, and evaluation of potential alliances, employee benefits, retirement plans, and investments).
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory interactions.
- Develops reliable global cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the Company.
- Optimizes the management of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance the Company’s cash position on a broad overall basis and manage cash flow investment risk and yields.
- Continually improves the timeliness and accuracy of the Company’s cash flow and management of the billing and collections process and month end, quarterly and year end closings
- Oversees risk and Corporate insurance requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax, franchise tax, sales tax, and employment taxes.
- Coordinates with appropriate legal counsel relating to financial and corporate governance compliance and risk assessment matters.
- Develops and advises on business development and strategic planning.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Company.
- Recommend and manage Company relationship with outside financial consultants.
- Performs other financial-related duties as required.
Directly supervises Corporate Controller, Executive Director of Finance and Treasury, Executive Director of Tax, Director of Finance Europe, Director of Finance Asia Pacific and Brazil, and Internal Control/Compliance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- MBA or CPA preferred; at least 15 years of applicable business experience of which 10 must be in a financial leadership role.
- Manufacturing experience is very important.
- Experience in the medical devices of similar industry is also valuable.
- Ideally experienced in both private and public sectors (with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance).
- International accounting experience preferred.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment strong operational focus and a creative thinker.
- Ability to navigate through complex financial situations to maximize results.
- Strong systems, process and best practices experience.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills.
- Good leader and educator who is trustworthy, willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Decisive with a “big picture” perspective.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting